Two weeks ago I attended my last prenatal checkup. The doctor told me I was dilating and effacing & that I may have a:
Super Bowl Baby
Hold up! A baby in my arms….2 days later! What the faaaaaaaa!?!
Although I knew the official due date was a week-ish out – I was shook at this predicted acceleration.
Given this news – I decided to be fully present in the next day.
To Let Go & Flow
To Do What Felt Good To Me
After all – this could be my last day as a pregnant woman EVERRRRR!
& I am so glad I honored that day as it was my:
Final Full Day of Pregnancy
My Final Pregnancy Moments consisted of:
- Eating a yummy breakfast on the couch (burning my mouth sipping super hot coffee)
- Bumming around in a cozy robe until dang near noon
- Taking a nice warm noon bath
- Getting dressed up in a pink elephant patterned gown (perfect for a large bump!)
- Sitting in the Bearina Bubble watching my kids play in the snow (fussed at one for throwing a giant ice block at my window!)
- Opening a box of brand new UGG Slippers (I was praying they would get to me before delivery 🙂 )
- A couple calls & texts with loved ones
- Researching & writing out Birthing Affirmations
- Hanging out with my family & eating more yummy food
Chillaxin to the Max
Out of all the things I did that day the one that truly helped get me ready for delivering a human – was writing out the birthing affirmations . The initial plan was to find a list of birthing affirmations online and just print them. I don’t have a home printer so that did not happen. Instead I was given the opportunity to research and write out affirmations by hand. I am so glad it happened this way – as writing them out really got the affirmations to soak into my heart!
I used a mini spiral bound index card booklet from the dollar store to jot down the affirmations.
Here is the birthing affirmation booklet:
Note: The affirmations were not flipped through during delivery as I had planned – as things escalated quickly. Nevertheless, I do not regret creating the affirmation flip book. The act of writing the affirmations helped get them rooted in my heart. Which in my opinion is better. 🙂 As I was delivering I kept being inwardly reminded to focus on the next 60 seconds.
I highly recommend having affirmations in the birthing toolkit! It’s good to be encouraged when the contraction waves are hitting hard. Knowing that I would soon be recovering with a new baby in my arms and comfy UGG Slippers on my toesies also helped! 🙂
Thank you for reading the final post in the Bump Basics series! It was great to share maternity fashion inspo & pregnancy tips with you!